Welcome to My Project at the Wildflower Preserve


As a junior student, I enjoy studying plants and keeping honey bees in my backyard. With some extra time over the past few months, I decided to observe nearby flowering plant species to see where my honey bees might be foraging throughout the seasons. Since honey bees typically forage within 1-2 miles of the hive, I have been visiting various parks and preserves within this radius. Each week, I travel to the Wildflower Preserve in Southport to photograph flowers. Discovering biodiversity within a preserve of just .31 acres, observing pollinators in action, and noticing the changes in plant life each week have all been deeply rewarding. I look forward to sharing my discoveries and enthusiasm for the Preserve with you.
Photography in action at the Preserve
The Preserve provides host plants, nectar sources, and shelter
to sustain monarch butterflies and other pollinators


A pollinator in action on the wild geranium

Look closely to find another pollinator at the Preserve!

Comments

  1. Wouldn't it be cool if you could identify the actual honey bees as coming from your hives? Your photographs are lovely. What is the yellow flower you posted for March?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you are enjoying the preserve! The yellow flower posted for March is marsh marigold.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts